TI Superintendent - AZ
September 21, 2012 - October 21, 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K etc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: Tenant Improvement & Interior Construction experience
The TI Superintendent is responsible for the daily operation of an interior construction job site, including scheduling, production, and procurement of materials, manpower, and equipment. Supervises all direct labor positions on the assigned project. Manages and oversees any contracted work on the site to ensure successful project completion.
Duties: Duties and Responsibilities
1. Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
2. Interacts with the Project Manager to determine the project schedule; develops and utilizes look ahead schedules to assess progress and spot upcoming issues.
3. Coordinates the pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager prior to mobilization.
4. Directs procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
5. Ensures all parties involved with the project are informed of construction issues and progress: (1) meets with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays; (2) meets regularly with craft personnel to update them on construction issues and to gather input for solutions; (3) meets with subcontractors prior to the sub?s mobilization to review scope of work and schedule; also, advises subs prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements; and (4) meets regularly with clients to update them on the project?s progress.
6. Works with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within the project work force.
7. Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
8. Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and to construction schedules.
9. Manages the project based on progress reports, materials used, and costs and adjusts work schedules accordingly. (New construction superintendents only.)
10. Works with the Manager of Craft Resources to move personnel from project to project, minimizing hiring and layoffs; is responsible for crew mixes and work assignments to manage labor costs; may terminate company craft personnel not performing according to company policies, procedures, or other job requirements.
11. Works in conjunction with project manager in preparing the Project Management Plan.
12. Ensures that company policies, such as safety policies, equal opportunity, and others, are implemented consistently. Ensures company quality standards and housekeeping requirements are maintained.
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. May track and price extra work tickets, change requests and back charges to cover extra expenses. (Layton Interior Construction Specialists superintendents only)
1. At least 5 years INTERIOR commercial construction experience.
Tenant improvement and healthcare experience preferred.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of construction processes.
3. Has a good driving record.
4. Has a valid driver?s license.
5. Is able to travel to and from the project site.
Additional or Preferred
1. At least 3 years experience as a Superintendent on commercial projects.
2. Has the ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding concrete construction.
3. Has the ability to operate a computer and printer.
4. Has basic knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications, such as Excel and Word. Is able to use e-mail applications as well.
Phoenix, AZ , 85067 Map
Construction, Mining and Trades