Richmond, VA, United States
Estimator, Engineering, Construction
Date Last Verified
Waterworks Treatment Plant Estimator','1900005W','!*!Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of Waterworks, plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, and pool supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Do you have a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity? Do you possess strong communication skills and value customer service? Do you have an expert level of Waterworks Treatment Plant product knowledge? If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join the dedicated team at our Richmond, Virginia location as a Waterworks Treatment Plant Estimator. Our team has been servicing the Richmond Metro Area for over 80 years, offering the very best in service, integrity, and reliability. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best to both new and existing customers.
Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Researches plans and specifications and identifies any special material or construction requirements and determines the general scope of work. Determines if company supplied material meet local/state/federal specifications.
- Determines accurate and detailed quantities of products and related specialty materials as measured from construction plan sets. Accurately identifies the type of material necessary for construction of facilities.
- Communicates with material vendor and accurately determines availability and delivery times for specialty products.
- Communicates with design engineer or owner to clarify any unusual or special material issues via phone, e-mail or written Requests for Information (RFI).
- Meets with owners/engineers/architects to assist with or suggest specific design/build concepts. Meets with local engineering design teams to recommend value engineering options for bid projects.
- Actively works with sales team to design successful bid strategies. Assists in bid preparation and insures customers receive quotations in a timely manner. Tracks and monitors competitor pricing to determine market value of bids.
- Coordinates and reviews work of other estimators or sales staff as a senior employee.
- Conducts continuing education training and mentoring of other sales and estimating staff on a regular basis.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations is run by a Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
•Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
•401 (k) and retirement cash account
•Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
•Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.','!*!Minimum Qualifications
Must be eighteen years of age
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass the Background Check
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
5 years of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Construction
Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
Understanding of bidding process and industry best practices
Understanding of Design Build and CMAR Contracts
Experience detailing ductile iron pipe
5 years prior experience specific to bid preparation, sales or construction.','US-VA-Richmond','','3000 Cofer Road','','Richmond','23224','Sales','Hajoca','Standard','Individual Contributor','Full-time','Day Job','','Apr 4, 2019','Waterworks Treatment Plant Estimator
Website : http://www.hajoca.com
In 1858, one enterprising individual invested his life savings of $200 to start a business grinding key stops for plumbers in Philadelphia. More than 150 continuous years of service later, that business is known as Hajoca Corporation. Hajoca has a robust history of helping to shape advances in plumbing. But we attribute our success to two simple truths – a unique business philosophy and talented people.