National Jewish Health
Lancaster, PA, United States
Currently hiring for FT 8am-4:30pm:
Responsible for experience in commercial carpentry with a working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems and equipment, locksmithing and other tasks that may be assigned in the most efficient and workmanlike manner. Responsible for maintaining the quality and quantity of his/her work up to acceptable company standards and in accordance with established policies.
* Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
* Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
* Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
* Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Back up to the Renovations Coordinator.
* Responsible for the coordination of material availability for the completion of work. Purchase materials in accordance with company purchasing policies.
* Interfaces with customers to assure quality service is being performed. Attend and schedule project and customer meetings as required
* Support maintenance of plumbing, electric, mechanical, carpentry, HVAC, and any other general maintenance work that is required
* Responsible to be available for any emergency that may require additional manpower to ensure normal operations.
* Responds to emergency/after hour calls including snow removal.
* Required to be on-call as scheduled.
* Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, complete or schedule repairs as needed, and maintain the necessary records consistent with the maintenance tracking system
* Repair or make recommendations to supervision on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility
* Keeps accurate daily and bi-weekly time reporting.
* Assist in energy conservation.
* Make sure work areas and mechanical equipment rooms are clean.
* Assist in developing estimates if requested
* Identify cost savings measures that can be implemented within the group
* Participate actively in training programs to develop and maintain currency of expertise in technologies and systems in areas of responsibility
* Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care. Accomplish all work safely. Request training or information to define hazards or environmental risk if not known.
* Ensure SDS sheets are properly maintained and available for review. Provide sheets to building environmental and safety mangers before bringing new materials into the building locations.
* Follow all Safety and Environmental Safety programs.
* Demonstrated ability and motivation to deliver high degree of customer service
* Ability to interact well with all types/levels of people, both internal and external
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work independently
* Knowledge of established maintenance, fire, OSHA, hazardous material, insurance, and safety regulations and procedures.
* Must complete all annual compliance, any mandatory, and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Must be able to read blueprints.
* Strong practical knowledge of commercial carpentry, construction, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems and equipment
* High School diploma or equivalent technical school certification.
* Minimum 5 years direct experience in commercial and office building operations and maintenance or construction experience required
* Have a valid state issued Driver’s License
National Jewish Health
Website : https://www.nationaljewish.org/
For 117 years, National Jewish Health has been at the forefront of research and medicine. We integrate the latest scientific discoveries with coordinated care for lung, heart and immune diseases With a focus on personalized medicine, our researchers are looking at environment-gene interaction and making strides in predicting, preventing, treating and tracking many diseases. This proactive approach to medicine means that if you have a disease, or the probability of getting a disease, it may be detected sooner so that you may live longer, healthier and with a better quality of life. Our research is truly transforming the lives of millions. By using an individual's DNA to predict and prevent disease, to guide the right choice of therapy to limit side effects and bring higher success rates for treatments and to be able to track the effects of these therapies, National Jewish Health is working to improve health care for the future.