Black & Veatch Holding Company
Houston, TX, United States
Construction, Contract Management, Engineering
Responsible for subcontract activities for proposal and/or project involvement and general use within the Subcontracts Department
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assignments will begin with moderately complex construction subcontracts, expanding to include construction related services agreements or contracts. Role may include lead responsibilities and management of proposal and/or project subcontract efforts.
• Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
• Prepares subcontract related documents and bidders list.
• Prepares, issues and may manage the bidding process.
• Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering regarding the technical evaluation. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and for award.
• Leads, schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve simple and complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
• Manages the award and conforming process.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows filing rules.
• May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for subcontracts, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a project or projects. May also lead and coordinate the entire budgetary pricing effort on a non-major project or projects.
• Provides input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
• Trains others concerning the subcontract processes, as directed.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma (required). BA or BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical or related field.
Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Analytical / organizational skills
• Strong communications skills, both written and oral
• General computer skills, Microsoft suite
• Initiative, self starter, highly motivated
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Knowledge of construction disciplines, construction means & methods and construction equipment (preferred)
• Understanding of commercial terms and conditions
• Understanding of Company’s processes relevant to this position
• Ability to prioritize team workflow and make adjustments, as necessary
• Basic knowledge of Project Process Management
Black & Veatch Holding Company
Website : http://www.bv.com
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.