Denver, CO, United States
Sep 21, 2021
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Utility Estimator- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering 1
Requisition ID: 125819
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Design-Build Utility Estimator in our growing Design Build Management Group based in Denver, CO, US. The Design-Build Utility Estimator will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
• Develop complete utility estimates for large, complex projects.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Review all bid and contract documents.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Provide initial assessments of utility relocations for project pursuit.
• Coordinate with design engineering and estimating staff to accurately capture costs, schedule requirements, and risks associated with project utility disciplines.
• Assist in scheduling, planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Evaluate subcontractor scopes and pricing and compare to self-perform estimates.
• Participate in discipline specific task forces to optimize designs and economize on costs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
• At least 7 years’ experience working in utilities, preferably in both construction and estimating.
• Emphasis on heavy-civil and transit construction is required.
• Working knowledge of permitting processes and schedule impacts.
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate both subcontractor and self-perform performance.
• Communication skills including use of project management software (estimating, plan reviews, document controls, etc.
• Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway and heavy civil work with a focus on Water, Sewer, and other utilities.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
• Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, oral and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Possess strong analytical/mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and techniques, construction safety and current Federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Ability to travel as the job requires.
Base Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.