Austin Industries, Inc.
San Francisco, CA, United States
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, special systems and low voltage superintendent skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures?
Austin Commercial is currently seeking an MEP Electrical Superintendent for a large airport project in San Francisco, CA. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The MEP Electrical Superintendent is responsible for constructability reviews, project management and coordinating end user groups on technology projects and multi-disciplined projects that include technology.
· Review technology related construction efforts to ensure that they meet the company\u2019s quality standards and complies with the contract documents and Industry Standards
· Coordination with other trades that will affect the technology work including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, finishes.
· Technical expertise related to installation and network integration of complete and related systems, including but not limited to:
§ Structured Cabling, Pathways & Cable Tray (voice/data, racks/frames, cabling/cable management & connections, etc.)
§ Voice & Data Communications Systems (dictation, intercom, telephone, etc.)
§ Audio Visual Communications Systems
§ Distributed Communications & Monitoring Systems (overhead paging/audio, public address, sound masking, CATV, intercom, emergency call, GPS/wireless clock systems, time & attendance clock systems, antenna systems.
§ Electronic Safety & Security (access control & intrusion detection, infant security)
§ Electronic/Video Surveillance Systems
§ Electronic Detection & Alarm Systems
§ Electronic Monitoring & Control Systems
§ LAN/WAN & Wireless Systems (including IP systems integration)
§ Low Voltage Applications
§ Distributed Antenna Systems
§ Integration with Building Automation System (BAS), Fire Alarm and other network systems.
· Serve as a technology resource across the organization.
· As part of the project master schedule develops and manage a project plan & schedule to identify tasks, resources and timing to achieve project objectives (scope, schedule, cost, quality).
· Track and report progress on the achievement of project milestone(s) with team members, stakeholders and team leaders.
· Effectively manage project scope, ensuring that contracts and changes are documented and approved prior to starting the work.
· Responsible for oversight of, and adherence to, company's constructability reviews and technical standards.
· Be willing and able on selected project to manage self-perform crews of technicians
· Manager document control and ensure proper archiving upon project completion.
· Ensure that all work is 100% reimbursable.
5 years\u2019 experience in MEP related systems with experience in Electrical, Special Systems and Low Voltage applications.
5 years field management experience
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin\u2019s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates\u2019 names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing commercial construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, Austin Commercial brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.
Austin Industries, Inc.
Website : http://www.austin-ind.com
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin also provides in-plant maintenance and capital construction services to the refining and petrochemical industries.