Black & Veatch Holding Company
Houston, TX, United States
Construction, Contract Management, Engineering
Oversees all subcontract activities for a proposal / project(s) and may be responsible for self-executing any related subcontract activities.
May lead office teams and/or Subcontracts Department initiatives.
Will generally support required duties within the Subcontracts Department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads proposal and/or project execution efforts for request for proposal development, bid process management, pricing evaluation and recommendation for construction related subcontracts and/or service contracts for major projects following established policies and procedures.
• Provides project setup of subcontract related activities.
• Executes and manages the subcontract process on contracts including bid list preparation, solicitation of quotes, and evaluating, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
• Leads negotiations for moderate risk subcontracts.
• Collaborates as needed to resolve major complex issues.
• Ensures contract documents are issued correctly and on schedule.
• Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules (i.e., man-hours, cost, etc) and aligns to subcontract budgets and goals.
• Manages the establishment and/or monitoring of subcontract goals.
• Monitors project subcontract activities and reports status.
• Participates in and/or leads meetings for the proposal and/or project, representing the subcontract department.
• Resolves problems and issues to maintain schedule and mitigate risk for the project.
• Assists with the resolution of claims.
• May develop, create and lead presentations to internal and external client and joint venture partners.
• Develops and conducts training programs; coaches and mentors professionals in procurement processes, tools, commercial terms and conditions and project execution.
• May lead proposal / estimating efforts for a major project(s) and become involved in early negotiations with subcontractors, prior to project release.
• Files appropriate documents and follows filing rules.
Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Requires a BA or BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical or related field.
• Relevant field or office experience can substitute for a degree.
• Relevant experience in Subcontract Administration, Construction Project Management, related Technical field or proven ability to perform at the capacity identified herein.
• Strong understanding of subcontract processes and exhibits the capacity to effectively self-execute the subcontracts process in accordance with established Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Exhibit appropriate skills at resolving complex commercial terms and conditions issues and other commercial issues through collaboration.
• Possesses an advanced knowledge and understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
• Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, construction execution, means & methods and construction equipment (required)
• Strong understanding of Project Process Management
• General computer skills; Microsoft suite, Sage Timberline and Primavera P6
• Attention to detail
• Ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prioritizes workflow.
• Advanced analytical / organizational skills
• Strong Supervisor Competencies
Black & Veatch Holding Company
Website : http://www.bv.com
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.