Knife River - Texas Division
Waco, TX, United States
Project Management, Manager, Construction
The basic function of the Project Superintendent is to effectively supervise all aspects of the Knife River workforce, any project associated subcontractors, and to ensure that all aspects of the project are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- High school diploma.
- Seven or more years experience in areas of Construction including but not limited to Earthwork, Concrete Paving, Underground Pipe, MSE Walls, Asphalt Paving, Base Courses, Soil Stabilization and Project Coordination with Engineers, Owners, and Project Managers.
- Five years TxDOT or other DOT experience as a Project Superintendent.
- Familiarity with MS Office Programs, HCSS, Heavy Job.
- Regular and timely attendance is essential.
-Manages, supervises and schedules all of Knife River Corporations personnel on the project as well as all subcontractors, equipment and materials in a manner that maximizes their effectiveness.
- Communicates with Knife River personnel and sub-contractors to ensure they understand the work, the planned approach and any problem areas (with a back-up plan.)
- Continually monitors progress on the project as it relates to schedules, personnel and costs.
- Oversees the implementation of the Knife River Corporation Health and Safety Plan for all personnel (KRC employees, Subcontractors, and Visitors.)
- Reports to the General Superintendent and or Project Manager on a daily basis, especially when there are any occurrences that can affect the successful completion of the project.
- Maintains and updates the three week project forecast to ensure that: All materials have been ordered and will be delivered on time; All equipment needed has been requisitioned on a timely basis; All necessary Knife River personnel and equipment have been scheduled; All sub-contractors have been contacted to confirm schedules.
- Reviews Project Logs continuously and identifies any issues which might affect the project.
- Communicates with the project manager all issues and the proposed actions to resolve the problem.
- Successfully interacts with the Owner’s personnel and Project Representative on a daily basis.
- Understands all of the contractual obligations of the plans, specifications, addendums and submittals for their project.
- Assists the Project Manager in summarizing the monthly payment requisition within the required timeframe to ensure timely billing and payment.
- Reviews weekly job costs to keep the project within budget; Notifies Project Manager as soon as a cost overrun is identified.
- Takes appropriate action (in conjunction with the Project Manager) to minimize the costs associated with the overrun.
- Must complete and cost code timecards and invoice slips, document additional work and back charges, maintain accurate as-built drawings.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Knife River Corporation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the general construction industry and the sub trades.
- Ability to complete projects safely, on budget, on time and on spec.
- Ability to understand project cost budget and to manage project to ensure actual costs are less than or equal to the estimated costs.
- Ability to work, oversee, and manage the Knife River Company Safety Program.
- Ability to schedule workers, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Ability to supervise construction projects up to $20,000,000 effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems on projects before they become major issues.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize competing developments.
- Ability to meet scheduling deadlines.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to select, utilize, and manage necessary equipment as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with KRC Management and Owner representatives in a professional manner.
A successful Project Superintendent shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- All personnel under the Superintendent’s direction are properly trained and understand the objectives of their position.
- All projects are finished on schedule, within specifications and on budget.
- The project manager has been informed of all project issues in a timely manner.
- All Project Issues are followed up and resolved timely.
- Jobsite conflicts are resolved and the General Superintendent has been notified of any non-productive or unusual circumstances pertaining to field personnel.
- Projects are in compliance with the company’s Safety and Health Manual.
- The Project Superintendent is in compliance with all Knife River Corporation Policies and Procedures.
* Paid Holidays * Paid Time Off * Three Medical Plans with GENEROUS Employer contributions and funding * Health Savings Account* Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Critical Illness Plan * Accident Coverage Plan* Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
Knife River - Texas Division