InterCon Building Company, LLC
10 yrs required
Charlotte, NC, United States
Apr 06, 2020
InterCon’s Legal & Executive Assistant assists the two lead officers of the company, the President and the CFO, in whatever tasks the two executives deem necessary. Day-to-day tasks are of an administrative nature: filing, scanning, drafting, and/or proof-reading as well as delivering, organizing, and/or processing various items that fall under both executives’ job responsibilities. Running short errands of a more personal nature, such as getting lunch for one or both executives, may also be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. In coordination with InterCon’s president, assist execution of prime contracts with clients after a project is awarded. This includes but is not limited to: reviewing draft of contract documents to verify that it follows the specific revisions set down in previous contracts with the same client, inputting revisions into drafts via Microsoft Track Changes and/or AIA software as required, coordinating with PreCon and Project Managers to compile the correct exhibits, etc.
2. Once the prime contract is executed, communicate the necessary information to the rest of the company via InterCon’s Project Management software. This will include developing understanding of InterCon’s Subcontracts procedures and mastering the requirements of InterCon’s project management software.
3. Fill in for the Subcontracts Department when needed (OOO of other staff, a last-minute emergency, etc).
4. Aid InterCon’s president by providing technological and administrative assistance in all areas of his responsibility. This will include tasks as varied as printing spreadsheets with Microsoft Excel, prepping prime contract drafts for his review, tracking down information in ProCore (InterCon’s project management system) as needed.
5. Maintain the files of the president as needed, as well as managing the long-term storage of the shared files of the company. The latter will include scanning necessary documents from InterCon’s thirty-year history
6. Hand-deliver documents as required to InterCon’s bonding, banking, and/or insurance partners.
7. Draft correspondence on behalf of the president and/or CFO as required.
8. Organize documentation as required to chronicle an issue or answer a question, either internally or on behalf of a client, when requested. This may be as varied as creating a price comparison for different vendors or to fully document known deficiencies in a certain product.
9. Aid the CFO by assisting with items of a confidential nature as needed.
10. Schedule and plan for meetings and other events. This may include: prepping and distributing meeting materials, taking meeting minutes as required, organizing venues, catering, and invitations for out-of-office meetings.
• Ten (10+) years or more of experience in the following areas: executive assistance, legal assistance, paralegal, and/or construction.
• Experience with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Timberline, AIA Software, and ProCore is a plus, but more important is the ability to learn new software skills and assist others who are less proficient.
This is an opportunity for growth at our value-driven company—after thirty years in business, InterCon is in the process of upgrading its business practices and diversifying its building portfolio.
InterCon Building Company, LLC