Irving, TX, United States
Civil Engineering, Engineering, Construction
Urban Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer for bridge, infrastructure and facilities projects in the Irving, TX office. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete bridges, building and facilities, construction methods, design reviews, as well as conceptual and final designs.
• Contribute to engineering and CADD teams in developing preliminary and final plans and details
• Identify and understand technical requirements of high-risk projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions
• Identify, interpret, and apply appropriate design standards and codes to ensure compliance with contract documents
• Perform seismic detailing, pushover, ductility, and frame analysis
• Participate in technical meetings and discussions; and strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems
• Identify and implement new technologies that provide a competitive advantage
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits
• Ensure all work is performed in compliance with project-specific Quality Management plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural design emphasis
• 10 -15 years of experience in relevant bridge and/or facilities engineering design, along with experience in engineering plan production and preparation of engineering calculations
• Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, and knowledge of staged construction analysis
• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles
• Texas PE license is required
• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as Revit, RISA, RAM, STAAD, Mircrosation, AutoCAD, LUSAS, SOFiSTiK, MIDAS, etc.
• Seismic bridge design analysis and experience with alternative delivery projects is a plus
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, CAN/CSA S-6, and other North American design codes
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Please include a PDF or Word Document Version of your resume
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information